There are many resources available to Honors Students who are looking for opportunities to succeed, such as conferences, internships, scholarships and other events. One little-known resource is designed specifically for this, and you will definitely want to check it out.
The Student Opportunity Center is a resource that connects you to over 8000 events, journals, internships, and funding opportunities. It is free, easy to use, and flexible to your interests. All you need is your @mail.gvsu.edu email address to sign up.
Once you log on you’ll be able to access:
- Events & Experiential Learning
- Find over 10,000 conferences, symposiums, publications, and intern/scholar program
- Most Relevant Opportunities
- Opportunities are specifically chosen and vetted for over 100 majors, minors, and interests
- Regularly Updated Information
- The entire database is updated once every 30 days, and growing at a rate of 5% per month
You can find information specific to Grand Valley, or search worldwide for opportunities you might be interested in. The cool thing is that once you input your interests, it will tailor search results just for you and give you recommendations. You can also sign up for reminders and notifications for your interests.
If you’re a student looking for an internship or research opportunity, the Student Opportunity Center is something you will definitely want to take advantage of. It will also be helpful for students graduating soon who are on the job search.
Sign up today and start exploring!
For more information or questions about the Student Opportunity Center, contact the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship.